We have now been in Italy for over a month. I can hardly believe it! As we have maneuvered our way around I have noticed a few things that are strikingly different (and a few similarities as well) from the good old USA... Here are a few of the things that I can think of...
- Similarity: parking tickets are given out (sadly for the family that preceded us here!)
- Difference: the police are not required to put the ticket on your car... you just get a surprise visit from the postman with a registered letter! Yikes!
- Difference: the tickets are paid at the Post Office
- Similarity: the Post Office is a nightmare!
- Difference: There is absolutely no line at the Post Office... people just crowd around. My personal space bubble definitely popped!
- Difference: The Italians have the same kind of commitment to using an umbrella as those of us in the NW have to not using and umbrella
- Similarity: When it rains people get bundled up... but
- Difference: It seems that a coat in Italy has to be puffy and black or fur... no fleece in sight
- Difference: Stores really do shut down for three hours every afternoon for people to go home eat a big meal and rest. At least in our little village - not so much in the bigger cities
- Difference: When you order a slice of pizza you get a rectangular strip of pizza folded in half
- Difference: Smokers... YUCK!
- Similarity: My husband is great from the pulpit in any language!!
|Sunday... Preaching at the Baptist Church in Gilio Di Veroli|